My recent family vacation to Cuba inspired me to write down some of my Q3 2017 reflections and goals for the remainder of the year in my personal journal.
My main goal in life is to build a life I don’t need a vacation from.
I understand that some things in life we literally can’t change very easily, maybe you’re a parent with young children or caring for a sick relative or have other huge responsibilities or commitments that seem to limit or restrict you.
You might be at a point in your life where you come to realise who you have become does not reflect your truest desires. You might be living a life you feel you dont have much control over, something others had planned for you, uninspiring, unfulfilled or craving something more.
You can choose to focus on the negative, the difficulty, or you can choose to see differently, create opportunities for change, and ask for help. No matter what your life looks like right now, you can still create a life a happy life. The beauty of life is you always have a choice.
If you spend most of your time unhappy than you do feeling fulfilled and inspired, you probably need to re-evaluate your life.
In order to do so, you must be willing to let go of outdated passions and get rid of patterns, behaviours and people that are no longer serving your biggest desires and dreams. Surround yourself with positive, inspiring and uplifting people who will motivate and support you in your quest to building a life you truly love.
In my journal, I had a section where I wrote down some simple ways to create and live a life I truly love which I intend to focus on for the remainder of the year. I ended up with a list of 25 items, some of which were very personal so I took them off this list. In addition to my previous list from “5 Simple ways How to be happier“, here are 15 other practical ways to create a life you love:
- Be thankful and grateful to God for every great or difficult circumstance that either helps provide you fulfilment or feedback with lessons learned. Count your blessings
- Affirm that your life has intrinsic meaning and value. Be kind to yourself
- Be your true and authentic self
- Discover and prioritise what really matters to you
- Savour and cherish the important moments
- Maintain a positive attitude everyday because positive thoughts creates positive things
- Be happy for other people’s success
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up. Never give up
- Always remember that the best is yet to come
- Never rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Happiness must come from within
- Always trust your instincts. If it feels wrong, don’t do it
- Don’t be a people pleaser. Don’t be afraid to say no. Don’t be afraid to say yes
- Don’t stress yourself with silly people who don’t even deserve to be an issue in your life
- Stay away from drama and negativity. Let go of what you cant control
- Learn to live life without constant worries because God will take care of everything if you just have faith and believe.
What are other ways can you can create a life you love?